AltaPacific, Inc Acceptable Use and Email Policy
AltaPacific Technology Group's Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") for AltaPacific products and services is designed to help protect AltaPacific, AltaPacific's customers, and the Internet community in general from fraud, abuse of resources, and irresponsible or illegal activities. This document sets forth guidelines as to what is considered to be acceptable use of the services provided by AltaPacific. Customer's submission of a subscription request, or use of AltaPacific's services and/or connections, implies acceptance of and agreement to abide by these guidelines.
As an Application Service Provider, it is not practical for AltaPacific to monitor the content of information passing through its network. AltaPacific exercises no control whatsoever over the content of any information passing through its network and is not responsible for damages customers may suffer for any reason. Any persons or organizations, including AltaPacific customers, who publish material or information made accessible through AltaPacific networks are solely responsible for the content of such material and information, and are solely responsible to know and comply with the laws applicable to the publication of such materials and information. AltaPacific will cooperate with legal authorities in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil infringements.
VIOLATIONS AND ENFORCEMENT. At AltaPacific's sole discretion, violations of any element of this AUP may result in a warning to the offender followed by suspension or termination of service if the customer does not cease the violation. If AltaPacific deems it necessary or prudent, it may immediately suspend or terminate service with or without notice if AltaPacific determines that a violation of the AUP has occurred. AltaPacific will enforce this AUP according to the severity of the offense and violator's history of prior AUP infringements. Repeated offenses will result in immediate termination of service. AltaPacific is not liable for any damages of any nature suffered by any customer, user, or any third party resulting in whole or in part from AltaPacific exercising its rights under this AUP. AltaPacific has no practical ability to monitor all conduct, communications, or content that might violate this AUP prior to its transmission over the AltaPacific network but may do so at its discretion. Therefore, AltaPacific does not assume liability for any party's violation of the AUP or failure to terminate a customer's violation. ALTAPACIFIC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THIS AUP AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION TO CUSTOMERS.
- CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES. AltaPacific's services are intended solely for the use of the contract holder and its corporate affiliates and/or subsidiaries that are connected by LAN, WAN or remote access applications, and may not be re-sold to or used by any outside entity without prior written consent from AltaPacific. Each AltaPacific customer is responsible for the activities of its customer base, employees, or end-users and, by accepting service from AltaPacific, agrees to inform its customers and/or end-users of this AUP or its own Acceptable Use Policy, which must not be inconsistent with the terms herein.
- PIRATED SOFTWARE. Storage or distribution of pirated software or data is not allowed. AltaPacific reserves the right to inspect any and all files stored on its servers to ensure compliance with this policy.
- PROHIBITED CONDUCT. AltaPacific's server or services must not be used knowingly to violate the laws and regulations of the United States or any other nation, or the laws and regulations of any state, city, province or other local jurisdiction in any material way. AltaPacific will cooperate with any legitimate law enforcement activity or investigation, and reserves the right to disclose subscriber information, including but not limited to, information concerning a subscriber, a transmission made using our network, or a web site, in order to comply with a court order, subpoena, summons, discovery request, warrant, statute, regulation, or governmental request. AltaPacific assumes no obligation to inform the subscriber that subscriber information has been provided and in some cases may be prohibited by law from giving such notice. Finally, AltaPacific may disclose subscriber information or information transmitted over its network where necessary to protect AltaPacific and others from harm, or where such disclosure is necessary to proper operation of the system. The following activities illustrate some, but not all, prohibited uses under this AUP:
Child Pornography: It is illegal under Federal child exploitation statutes to possess, produce, receive, transport or distribute by any means, including computer, visual depictions of "sexual intercourse" and/or "sexually explicit conduct" involving children.
Denial of Service: Engaging in any activity that will interfere or attempt to interfere with the service of any other user, host or network on the Internet.
Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distribution of software that attempts to and/or causes damage or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems.
Forging Headers: Forging or misrepresenting any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the AltaPacific network.
Email Spamming or Mail bombing: The transmitting of unsolicited Email to multiple recipients, sending large amounts of Email repeatedly to a person to harass or threaten, or any attempt to use AltaPacific servers or services as a mail drop or name server for SPAM. Sending unsolicited bulk Email from another Internet service provider's network advertising or implicating any service hosted or provided by AltaPacific, including without limitation Email, web, FTP and DNS services.
Fraudulent Activities: Fraud is an intentional misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it, or, obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
Illegal or Unauthorized Access to Other Computers, Accounts, or Networks: Accessing, or attempting to access, any computer resource belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
Network Sabotage: Any use of AltaPacific products and services to interfere with the use of Internet resources or the AltaPacific network by other customers or end-users.
Pyramid Schemes: A fraudulent system of achieving financial gain, which requires an endless stream of recruits for success.
Unlawful Acts: Any use of AltaPacific products and services to violate the law or in aid of any unlawful act.
Usenet Spamming: Posting of messages to newsgroups that are irrelevant, blanket posting of messages to multiple newsgroups, and the posting of harassing and/or threatening messages.
Facilitating a Violation of this AUP: Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
- GENERALLY ACCEPTED GUIDELINES OF INTERNET USAGE. Customer will avoid violation of generally accepted guidelines of Internet usage.
- CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS. Customer accounts and passwords are confidential. The customer is expected to maintain these customer accounts and passwords as such, and Customer is solely responsible for all activities related to their customer accounts and passwords.
- MASS EMAIL. Mass e-mail distribution or collection, or transmissions of unsolicited e-mail are not allowed. Using any AltaPacific account or server to send unsolicited E-Mail messages and/or to collect the responses from unsolicited E-Mail and/or using an AltaPacific server or bandwidth to host any page(s), or mailboxes, or auto-responders with any information regarding any item, service, or information advertised in an unsolicited E-Mail message is prohibited. AltaPacific reserves the exclusive right to make the determination whether a given messages is spam. AltaPacific has a zero tolerance spam policy and reserves the right to immediately terminate any Customer account, without prior notice, upon first learning of any such offense.
- CGI PROGRAMS AND SCRIPTS. Server based functions such, as cgi programs must not jeopardize the integrity of the operation, performance or security of the server.
- REFERENCES FROM OTHER HOSTS. Customer may not resell or give away web space under Customer's account. Customer may not use Customer's site to store files for other IP addresses or domain names, nor may Customer use Customer's site as a primary repository for image, data, warez, wav, or mp3 files. Greeting card and FFA link scripts are disallowed.
- SURCHARGES. Surcharges or restricted services may be imposed when any site has considerable effects on system performance or resources. AltaPacific is the sole and final arbiter on determining what conduct or activity is considered a violation of policy, what qualifies for a surcharge, and what the amount of surcharge should be. AltaPacific will notify the Customer of the intention to impose a surcharge if corrective action is not taken. Customer's continued use of AltaPacific's services beyond the notification of the intention to impose a surcharge, and Customer's failure to take corrective action, constitutes Customer's acceptance of the proposed surcharge.
- UPSTREAM SERVICES. AltaPacific reserves the right to choose at any time to which networks we connect. AltaPacific has no implied liability to transport packets to any network or host as a result of accepting said packets. AltaPacific reserves the right to block any and all access to or from any network or host for any period of time if AltaPacific deems such action is in AltaPacific's best interest, or for any reason AltaPacific may see fit.
- EMAIL USAGE POLICIES. To allow for customer flexibility, AltaPacific's mail servers do not utilize any antivirus engines or filters to detect virus-infected messages. Any infected messages detected will be handled per the customer's respective software on their computer systems. Due to new viruses and worms which are constantly written and modified, we suggest implementing a software solution through a major virus software vendor and updating it regularly. Use common sense when opening unknown or unexpected messages or file attachments.
a. AltaPacific utilizes several "blacklists" to protect resources from being used by senders of unsolicited bulk e-mail (spam). All of these lists are IP (Internet Protocol) based which means that AltaPacific 's servers do not examine to/from addresses or any other content when filtering based on these blacklists. The decision is based solely on the originating server's IP address and whether it is included in one of the currently used well-known blacklists. If a blacklisted server attempts to transmit a message to our network, the message will be returned to the sender with a full explanation as to why it was rejected, and on which blacklist the sender's server was found. The lists currently in use, will affect our users' ability to receive mail from the blacklisted servers, but will not restrict our users' ability to send mail to blacklisted servers.
b. All e-mail messages in "Deleted Items" folders on our mail servers are erased periodically to conserve disk space and optimize server performance. Deleted Items are exactly what the folder name suggests and they will be deleted. If you wish to save old messages, make folder(s) for messages you wish to keep and transfer them to these folders.
c. All e-mail accounts, which are not checked at least once every 6 months, and are not forwarded to another E-Mail address, will be emptied of all contents and deleted. Check your mailbox at least twice per year to prevent this grooming process on your mailbox.
d. Upon account deactivation or deletion, ALL e-mail messages and address book entries on AltaPacific's servers for the account will be deleted immediately.
* AltaPacific reserves the right to modify this AUP at any time without prior notification to customers.
To report a Net Abuse, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Document Version: 12/30/2012